Matthew TeeterLeveraging More Than Two Decades of Experience to Protect Your Future
New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney
Matthew Teeter graduated from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in 2008, having majored in Criminal Justice with a focus in Forensic Investigation. While obtaining his degree, he successfully completed an internship with the New Jersey State Police Ballistics Unit in Hamilton, New Jersey. It was there that he learned about comparative bullet/lead analysis, the examination and test firing of firearms, and forensic ballistic testimony in New Jersey courts.
In 2012, Matt obtained his J.D. from Faulkner University – Thomas Goode Jones School of Law. While in law school, Matt served as President of the Student Bar Association, was appointed an Executive Board Member of the Board of Advocates and represented his school at the 2011 Annual American Bar Association Meeting. During this time, Matt also applied his talents to the Mediation Clinic, where he negotiated settlements for the Honorable Sharon Yates. His focus has been devoted to criminal law, criminal procedure, and trial advocacy.
Matt’s passion is best demonstrated in the courtroom. He thoroughly enjoys representing individuals facing serious criminal penalties and consequences within the state of New Jersey. Matt limits his practice to criminal law, traffic offenses, DWI/DUI, domestic violence restraining orders, and juvenile delinquency matters. As a former casino card dealer in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Matt exclusively handles all of the firm’s underage gambling matters.
Matt has appeared on radio in New York City to discuss legal issues and has also been featured on local television speaking on expungements in the state of New Jersey. He has been a featured presenter to other lawyers on various municipal court topics throughout New Jersey. Matt proudly serves as a co-chair on the Middlesex County Bar Association’s Municipal Court Practice Committee and volunteers his time coaching the South Brunswick High School Mock Trial Team.
- New Jersey 2012
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey 2012
- NJSBA- Hot Topics in Criminal Law – Underage Gambling – July 2016
- Opening Your Own Law Practice CLE – April 2017
- Young Lawyers Division - Municipal Court College – October 2018
- Young Lawyers Committee CLE – Municipal Court Caselaw - November 2018
- DWI Case Law CLE – November 2018
Bar Association Memberships
- Middlesex County Bar Association – Co-Chair, Municipal Court Practice Committee
- Middlesex County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division
- Middlesex County Bar Association – Criminal Law Division
- 2022 Middlesex County Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year