I recently hired Mike to appeal my carry permit denial! In the process of waiting for a court date, I had an incident where the state tried to revoke my FID card and forfeit my firearms! Mike represented me on both accounts and not only did he get the forfeiture denied but he got my carry permit granted! Mike went up to bat and came home with a grand slam! He was resourceful, attentive, understanding, and work with me every step of the way! Money well spent! Any gun problems he is your attorney for sure !! Thanks, Mike! Merry Christmas to you and your family.- Former Client
He provided all the info, resources, and information for me to get the result that I love. Mr. Teeter got the best result possible. All criminal charges for domestic violence were dropped and expunged.- Mantas A.
Mr. Teeter is no-nonsense and explains the entire legal process.- Brian F.
He is very professional and makes you feel confident. He is hardworking and very trustworthy. He has lived up to all the standards he set out to me from the first day we spoke.- Alexandra C.
Mathew Teeter represented me very well throughout the process of my Second Offense DUI case. He will omit if not reduce sentences that unfairly subjugate to you.- Jason A.
Fighting Criminal Charges in New Jersey
Providing Caring & Capable Representation Throughout New Jersey
If you’ve been charged with any type of crime or traffic offense, you need strong legal defense right away. Regardless of the severity of the charges against you, a conviction could result in consequences that are long-lasting and far-reaching.
Convictions for minor offenses and serious traffic offenses, such as driving while intoxicated (DWI), can result in:
- Exorbitant fines
- Lengthy probation
- Community service
- A revoked driver’s license
- Mandatory educational seminars
- Extensive prison or jail time
In addition to the immediate penalties that you will face, a conviction has the ability to negatively impact many different areas of your life. For instance, homeowners and property owners may be less inclined to rent you their land, lenders may not give you loans, and employers may not hire you. For these reasons and more, it is imperative to retain experienced legal counsel to aggressively fight any and all charges against you.
What Is a Defense Attorney?
A criminal defense attorney is a legal professional who advocates for the person accused of a crime. They are responsible for representing their client in court, gathering evidence, questioning witnesses, and crafting legal arguments to protect the rights and interests of their clients. A criminal defense attorney's job is to ensure that the accused gets fair treatment under the law. Ultimately, a criminal defense attorney’s role is to provide an aggressive and effective defense on behalf of those charged with offenses, so they can receive the best possible outcome in their case.
The following are the benefits of hiring a criminal defense lawyer for your case:
- Legal expertise: A criminal defense attorney has specialized knowledge about the law and can provide advice tailored to your specific situation.
- Representation in court: An experienced lawyer can represent you in court, arguing on your behalf and advocating for a favorable outcome.
- Negotiating plea bargains: Your attorney may be able to negotiate a reduced sentence or charges if they are able to present mitigating evidence or build a strong case on your behalf.
- Investigating the facts of your case: An attorney will investigate all aspects of the crime, including any evidence that could help exonerate you.
- Filing necessary paperwork: Attorneys understand filing deadlines and other legal requirements associated with cases, helping ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
Individualized & Effective Legal Services
Roberts & Teeter is a boutique law firm and, as such, we are able to provide each and every one of our clients with the highest quality of care possible. When you hire us, you work directly with our criminal defense attorneys in New Jersey, not inexperienced paralegals or associates. Backed by years of experience, our lawyers exclusively practice in this area of law, giving us unique insight most other law offices are unable to offer. You can trust us to provide you with the strong defense your case needs and deserves.
Our New Jersey criminal defense attorneys are committed to our clients and we will:
- Provide you with well-informed advice about your best options for moving forward
- Relentlessly and forcefully fight for your best interests, rights, and freedom
- Be understanding and thoroughly listen to your unique needs
- Keep you fully up-to-date on your case at all times
Call us today at (732) 607-5553 to schedule your free initial case evaluation.
Received No Loss of License 2nd Driving While Intoxicated
Case Dismissed 4th Shoplifting Offense
Case Dismissed Aggravated Assault
Case Dismissed Aggravated Assault & Possession of a Weapon
DWI Charge Dismissed Driving While Intoxicated