We would like to announce that Attorney Michael Roberts will be presenting at two CLE programs on February 23, 2021.
The first is a webcast titled 'The ABC's of PTI (Pre-trial Intervention) and the ISP (Intensive Supervision Program),' hosted by the State Bar Association Criminal Law Section. Running from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., the course will provide an in-depth discussion about alternatives to criminal prosecution and sentencing. Attorney Roberts will be joining several other members of the legal field, including Hon. Ernest M. Caposela, AJSC, Hon. Verna G. Leath, JSC, Cara L. Kurtz, Esq., and Assistant Prosecutor Kristin Redmond.
The panel members will discuss their experiences with PTI and ISP and cover a range of topics, including, but not limited to:
- What each program entails
- How to determine client eligibility
- What information the court considers before granting approval
- How to prepare clients for interviews
- What the clients' rights and responsibilities are
This CLE is $99 for NJSBA and Section members and $125 for all others.
The second CLE is a webcast through the Middlesex County Bar Association titled 'Ethical Do's and Don'ts for Opening and Closing Arguments.' It starts at 3:00 p.m. and ends at 4:45 p.m. The cost is $25 for MCBA members and $50 for non-members.
In addition to Attorney Roberts, speakers include:
- Hon. Andrea Carter, JSC
- Joseph Benedict, Esq.
- Thomas Carver, Esq.
Discussion topics include, but are not limited to:
- Commenting on a defendant's guilt or innocence
- Using PowerPoint presentations
- Arguing for vs. vouching for the credibility of witnesses
- Commenting on vs. misstating the law or evidence
- Making comments that violate constitutional rights
- Commenting on expert witness fees
About Attorney Michael Brett Roberts
Attorney Michael Brett Roberts believes that all people charged with crimes deserve aggressive and effective defense. Throughout his practice, he has taken on cases of various complexity, from domestic violence to first-degree murder. To provide the counsel his clients need, Mr. Roberts continues to hone his skills by maintaining current with changes in the law and legal practices and sharing his knowledge with others in the field.
If you need legal representation in New Jersey, contact Roberts & Teeter, LLC at (732) 607-5553 today.